MediaCorp is inviting interested participants to take part in its technical trial for its new Over-The-Top (OTT) interactive service.
Called Toggle, the revolutionary interactive service will integrate online and traditional TV entertainment experience by delivering content to the subscribers’ preferred devices – a connected TV, computer, tablet device or mobile phone, enabling the subscriber to stay connected anytime, anywhere with any internet access.
OTT television services like Toggle are increasingly gaining worldwide popularity because of its simplicity of use. Toggle trial users will be able to access the following features:
1. All seven free-to-air channels
2. Interactive features with programme-related information such as behind-the-scene footages and cast bios for drama serials, map locations of featured retailers, polling & voting, and promotional coupons emailed to Users, etc (for Channel 5, 8 and Channel NewsAsia)
3. Catch-Up TV for selected Channel 5, 8, U, okto, Suria and Vasantham programmes
4. Advanced viewing for the current Channel 8 drama serial
5. More than 200 hours worth of MediaCorp drama serials
6. Internet radio (audio only)
Mr Philip Koh, Managing Director for Convergent Media Division, MediaCorp says: “We are very pleased to launch this new TV viewing experience that ushers a new era of enhanced entertainment experience for our local audience who are increasingly mobile. The technical trial will enable the team to iron out the kinks and to get feedback from trial users.”
The technical trial is scheduled for first quarter of 2012. Interested participants for the trial can register via http://www.preview.toggle.sg.
All successful trial users will be issued with a set-top-box in the first quarter of 2012.