– reflects a total Online Ad Spend of S$135.91 (US$107m) for the period January to December 2011.
Jointly commissioned by the Media Development Authority (MDA) and the IAB SE Asia, Singapore Chapter (IAB Singapore) the report was compiled by PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP to provide an analysis of the online and interactive advertising market growth and trends.
With the total percentage of Online Spend holding at a steady 8% both for 2H 2011 and across the full year as a whole, Singapore continues ahead of Hong Kong, although there is still some way to go in catching up with more mature digital markets.
Other highlights from the report include:
1. 2011 marks 1st Full Year that total Online Advertising Revenue crossed the S100m mark
2. 2H 2011 reflects a 25% increase from 1H 2011
3. Percentage of Online Spend to Total Ad Spend in 2H 2011 – 8%
4. Singapore has surpassed HK for second year in a row (HK still at 6% total ad spend)
5. Classified & Directory rebounded from a dip in 1H 2011 from S$5.5m in 1H 2011 to S11.29m in 2H 2011 = growth of 105%
6. Government & Public Sector spend increased by 74% in 2H 2011
7. Important for all Publishers in the market to galvanize and demonstrate growth of Digital – participation in the report is key
8. Huge potential for growth within the market – the challenge is to close the gap between digital consumption and digital advertising spend
9. Total CAGR of 23% for the 24 month period ending 31st December 2011
Chairman, IAB Singapore and Country Director, Singapore & Emerging Markets, Google