Highlights of the latest S.M.A.R.T report published by Millennial Media, a leading independent advertising platform
The report looks at global mobile advertiser trends, including campaign engagement methods, goals and device trends. The December 2012 S.M.A.R.T. report puts the spotlight on the Telecom vertical and also provides insights into the top audiences in this space. The report provides a fascinating insight into the growth of mobile as whole, and not just its effectiveness for specialized verticals.
Highlights from the Millennial Media December S.M.A.R.T Report :
· CPG/FMCG advertisers in the Asia-Pacific region continued to leverage mobile campaigns and this was the largest vertical ad spend in Q3 2012, experiencing triple-digit growth year-over-year.
· The Automotive vertical moved into the Top 10 Verticals in the APAC region for the first time after seeing significant growth in mobile advertising spend by these brands year-over-year.
· Ten different verticals grew ad spend by over 100 percent year-over-year, with four verticals increasing spend by over 400 percent. The Automotive vertical in particular grew spend by 574 percent.
· Led largely by the United States presidential election in November, the Government Services vertical grew ad spend by almost 300 percent on the Millennial Media platform.
· Telecom was the leading vertical, a position it has held for the first nine months of 2012.
· The three leading campaign goals on the platform were focused on driving sustained in-market presence, site traffic, and registrations.
· Over a quarter of the campaigns on the Millennial Media platform utilized a social media post-click action and over 30 percent of campaigns allowed consumers to download an app.